Re: [IP] Nitrous Oxide

In a message dated 1/3/2003 8:23:31 PM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Claire needs to have two teeth pulled on Monday.  As she can be quite
> troublesome when it comes to needles, I discussed this today with the
> dentist's wife/receptionist.  She said that they could use nitrous oxide to
> relax her  beforehand.  Does anyone have experience with this, and would it
> cause anything unexpected with the blood sugars?

Katie's dentist has used this stuff twice since she was pumping -- no
problems with blood sugars and it does help keep her relaxed.  Like someone
else mentioned, we did check her BGs before and after (would have done during
if they were long procedures).  Katie does say that it makes her feel a
little sick to her stomach afterwards, but I've noticed that it doesn't keep
her from wanting to eat as soon as she's allowed after the procedure, so I
don't think it has that a big of an impact on her . . . Hope all goes well
with Claire's procedures!

Pumpmama to Katie (12)