Re: [IP] Consistent morning highs with new Paradigm

Talk to your Dr. about the dawn phenomenon (spelling?).  It is when in some diabetics your blood peeks in the morning hours.  I have my pump set on a different basal rate in the wee hours from the rest of the day.
 Shawna <email @ redacted> wrote:Insulin Pumpers is made possible by contributions from forum
members and supporters in industry. Your tax deductible donation

to be normal at other times, but my first check in the morning - for me
about 8:30 at work is consistently in the mid 200's.>

It sounds like you may need to tweak your overnight basals to overcome a
Dawn Phenomenon? I've only been pumping with the Paradigm, so I don't
know how it compares to the 507C. It took me awhile to figure out what my
nighttime basals needed to be (I have several) to wake up with a normal blood
sugar. I've also discovered I need to bolus for coffee.

Do you Yahoo!?