Re: [IP] Re: Kleenex

Shawna <email @ redacted> wrote:

> My mother has gotten a bad infection twice from biting her own lip.  She
> didn't even bight it hard, she was chewing the dead skin off and it
> somehow got infected to the point of her needing antibiotics.  What does
> that say about her immune system?

Only her physician might know that.  Perhaps it's because the skin injury
was on her lip (which is endodermis, not epidermis); or maybe she kissed
someone who had an infection; or maybe the lip biting and the infection are
totally unrelated; or . . .

But it serves up a point that generalities that we speak of may or may not
apply to an individual.  What works for one person may not work for another.
That's what YMMV is all about.

Jim Handsfield