Re: [IP] Paradigm alarms/sirens

    I've let mine go when I got a Low Reservoir alarm and it never sirens. I
also got the E21 (Cold Restart) alarm and it was just a beep. I happened to
have heard the beep because I was in a room with not much noise. If I didn't
hear that beep I would have gone without my basal rate until I discovered
the reset. When the Paradigm gives the E21 all information is lost. I had to
reset it like it was the first time I took it out of the box.
    The MiniMed tech said that it happened because during one of the safety
checks the Paradigm discovered, "Something it didn't like," and reset. They
said if it happens again they will replace it. I think that the Paradigm
software needs to be re-written to cause the pump to siren on a reset even
if the battery is low, and to siren immediately. Maybe the pump would siren
if I let it go for awhile without responding to the E21 alarm I don't know
because I didn't wait.

Cody S. Alderson