[IP] RE: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #873

>>Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 20:45:04 -0500
From: "Neal & Kara" <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] problems with Ultraflex

I recently switched to Ultraflex after years with the tender II's, and have
recently been experiencing unexplained super-high (nausea, vomiting 400
highs).    I think its crimping, but you can never be sure.  I never had
these problems before.  Does anyone else have similar experiences with the
This may be a YMMV thing (your mileage may vary).  I have been using the
Ultraflex for what seems like a long time now, since shortly after it came
out.  Mine has never kinked and I love it and wouldn't use any other
infusion set.
I've heard that if you don't push it straight in quickly but in a little and
then the rest of the way it can kink, don't know if that is what is going on
with yours or if you just need to use something else.
I'd call Disetronic's tech support for advice if it was me, they gave me
great advice when I was still on the tenders and having a lot of pain with

Faith & SweetiePie, her mighty blue dtron
diabetic for 21+ years and glad to be here
pumping since 08-00