RE: [IP] flying

I fly a few times a year on business - including a two-week trip to London a
few months ago, so I've faced these questions too.

On that London trip, I made sure to have both a letter and fresh
prescriptions from my Dr., even though these aren't enough.  Since I get all
my supplies mail-order, none of them have pharmacy labels on them, so I just
brought most of them in a plastic bag.  I did make sure that my insulin,
which I get locally, had the pharmacy label on it though.  Also, I carried
most of the supplies in my checked bag, but kept a small supply in my
briefcase, which I carried on.  Oh yeah, I carry an empty BG-meter strip
container to put my used "sharps" in, too.

Now, having said that, It was all a waste of time. :-)  Seriously, even
though I was one of the "randomly selected" passengers to get the extra
search, nobody has ever said anything about my supplies - reservoirs (with
needles attached), infusion sets (again, with the inserter needle), nor
backup syringes.  The only thing that ever happens is that I'm told to
remove my "beeper" (actually a MiniMed 508) before going through the metal
detector.  I just explain what it is, and I'm good.  Only once did I ever
have show the tubing and infusion set to convince somebody, and it has never
set off the metal detector.

YMMV and have a nice trip!