[IP] advice on Federal LTC insurance

Hi All,
Are there any other Federal employees out there who can offer advice about the
newly available long term care insurance?  I'd like to know if there's any
reason to get more than minimal coverage if I'm young and healthy (apart from
being diabetic).  Could diabetes prevent me from upgrading to a better plan in
the future (say 5 years from now), as long as no serious complications arise?
Thanks in advance,

p.s. I know the deadline was 31 Dec, but it was extended.