[IP] Paradigm Light

I had this happen one time after I changed out the battery. I noticed the backlight wasn't working and when I did a "Selftest", the vibrate mode wasn't working either.  I put in another new battery and everything worked fine.  My thinking is that even though the battery was new (who knows how long they've been sitting on the shelf?), it didn't have enough juice, so the pump was conserving "unnecessary" functions.  Try a different battery and see if that works.