[IP] flying

My husband & I are flying for the first time and I was wondering if anyone has
any suggestions to make the trip less stressful.  We live in Wisconsin and are
flying to Mexico 1/11/03.  I am on the insulin pump almost one year and will
be bringing an extra pump along.  I am told a note from the doctor will not
do, but all supplies must have the pharmacy label on.  Not all my supples have
labels since I have not used the first insulin pen and do not have all the
containers I got them in last January and do not need any new supplies.

Where do I put my supplies?  In my purse or carry on.  What do you do with the
needles?  I have a needle container, but will they let me carry this along,
both ways?  Do I insist that certain things do not go through the security

I am not afraid of flying, but terrified about getting both ways through
security, with all my supplies.

Any suggestions will be helpful.