Re: [IP] Pulling a pump?

>>>It seems to me that she did admirably for a pumper of one year.  She made
mistake, then checked her blood sugar and corrected it. >>>

She changes/adds to the reservoir usually this way - not disconnecting from
her bod, and reinserting the res. into pump not knowing if she's over/under
infusing. She checked her BG only because I suggested it.

>>> She may have
overcorrected, but I'm guessing that if she was 63 two hours after lunch
she did the right thing as the insulin was still working. >>>

She *corrected* a 6 only because I asked if she would treat it - not to
treat it, but asking if she would.

>> Clearly, she's figured this out.  >>>

I have failed to report the many times my friend has told me about the
willy/nillyness of her friend's actions about pumping and the times she's
spent in the ER due to these episodes.

>>>Now she has some more  work to do if she wants to prevent things like
this from happening in the future.  That's to be expected.>>>

Not after a year - perhaps a month or two, but a year for some people on
this list, they consider themselves around the block or two.

>>It takes time to learn how to handle pumping. And for the most part it has
to be your own time. >>>

See the above.

Other people's anecdotes can be used as clues, but not much more.  As we
know everyone's mileage varies.

>>>I would be loath to suggest that someone should be deprived of the pump
unless they were obviously putting themselves or others in grave danger by
using it.>>>

As stated, I have failed to report the other episodes reported to me over
the last year about her - this was *my* firsthand observation and not
another one told to me.

This was not an isolated event. (~_^)

Dialyzing since 7/8/02

Oh, now I've got it . . . it appears that the fasarta modulates the garbab
in such a phase relationship that the thrimaleen is forced to bast.  (from
Between Planets by Robert Heinlein)