Re: [IP] Sugar busters diet for kids

--- email @ redacted wrote:
> Standard Time,
> email @ redacted writes:
> > Have anyone tried "sugar busters" type diet with
> children?
> >
> > Maribel

>      I don't believe their theory to be correct and
> as far as I know its
> unproven.  (induce weight loss in kids by only
> feeding low glycemic index
> foods).  I didn't read the entire book in the store,
> just a few parts.
>      Michael has pointed out that you will get less
> of a bg spike by eating
> breakfast cereals WITH added sugar, rather than
> straight cornflakes, so how
> does this jive with their views?

I'm a little confused by the above statement. You say
the book addresses weight loss in kids via low-glyc.
index foods and then counter it with the issue of
lowering post-breakfast spikes via junky breakfast
cereals. This is the first I've heard about the book
and I'm just trying to understand if the book is about
weight loss or improving diabetes control in kids (or

Do You Yahoo!?