[IP] Sugar busters diet for kids

In a message dated 1/31/02 6:17:34 AM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Have anyone tried "sugar busters" type diet with children?
> Maribel

Hi Maribel,
     By chance yesterday I saw this book for sale and glanced through it.
I'm usually interested in these books to see if they actually have factual
info or not.
     I don't believe their theory to be correct and as far as I know its
unproven.  (induce weight loss in kids by only feeding low glycemic index
foods).  I didn't read the entire book in the store, just a few parts.
     Michael has pointed out that you will get less of a bg spike by eating
breakfast cereals WITH added sugar, rather than straight cornflakes, so how
does this jive with their views?
     Now that she is on the pump, I am happy that Claire can eat more or less
like my other kids.  Which isn't always the most healthy way-LOL.  But she is
thrilled that she can drink a juice box if she is thirsty and just bolus for
it.  Humalog works very well, timing wise for her, with juice and straight
sugars where you can know the exact carbs, without a fat or protein
Barbara, Mum of Claire 7