[IP] stomach flu

My 15 year old son had the stomach flu last night.  We took him to the ER
because he had small ketones, couldn't keep anything down, and kept vomiting.
 Great night to visit the ER--we had a snowstorm!  Anyway they rehydrated him
with two bags of IV fluids, etc.  I kept his basals the same and his sugars
have been around 160 all night and morning.  Should I continue with his usual
basal rate?  He is only drinking fluids at this point.   Thanks in advance
for any advice.