[IP] fat intake and blood glucose

I have read many places that fat intake does not
increase blood glucose, but I have found otherwise
doing rather systematic examinations of the amount of
fat I eat and by blood glucose levels up to 24 hours
later. My endocrinologist says that this is
impossible, that fat does not increase blood glucose!
I believe him and then go home and do my little 1
subject experiments again and my blood sugars go up
(not a lot, but by about 40 on average) and I need
more insulin throughout the day and with meals. By the
way I have tested this with a variety of types of fats
and that doesn't seem to matter (sometimes cheese, oil
or nuts (bolusing for the carbs in nuts)). Does anyone
else have a similar experience or is this merely a
figment of my very imaginative imagination?

Do You Yahoo!?