[IP] Re: red bumps

In a message dated 1/31/02 8:15:48 AM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Lately, I have been noticing bumps appearing on my
> legs. I don't know whether to be alarmed or not. Some are small...but they
> seem to be filled with *something*. They went away, and now, they are back,
> with a vengence. I have them on my legs from where I sit. I thought this
> was
> hygeine related, but I am not so sure, has anyone exprienced this?

It is not a good thing to self diagnose.  This could be a number of things.
I can only tell you that when I was in college, my blood sugars were not
always great.  My skin is a little prone to staph infection, which is only
worse when my blood sugar gets elevated.  If a staph blister pops, it quickly
spreads to other parts of the skin.  If you get it on your fingers, you can
spread it to other parts of your body.  I shower every day and use an
antibacterial product to clean these areas, but still occasionally have some
flare ups.  I would suggest letting your doctor look at it.  You may want to
find a dermatologist. You don't want to play around if it is a staph
infection.  It can infect your insertion sites and cause a bit of a problem
deep in the skin.