Gina <email @ redacted> wrote:

> My doctor told me that he would personally kick my a** is he found me
> the Adkins Diet.

Note - this is my personal opinion only:  GOOD FOR YOUR DOCTOR!!!!!

> With the Adkins Diet you are not even allowed to eat fruit.  YES it does
> carbs in it and as I understand a 1/2 strawberry is 2 carbs.

Well . . . 2 grams of carbs, not 2 carb exchanges.

> I highly doubt that ketones are safe for anyone, does that not mean that
> body is vreaking down on protein, which leads to lean muscle breakdown?

They are particularly dangerous for anyone who has developed any kidney
problems due to their diabetes (or any other cause, for that matter).  Also
protein metabolites are much harder on the kidneys than carb and fat

Jim Handsfield