[IP] Weight gain and humalog

I have a theory about humalog and weight gain.  I believe that when one eats a
significant amount of carbs, and boluses, then the blood sugar peaks up and
comes crashing down when the humalog takes effect. The blood sugar comes down
much faster with Humalog because it is so fast acting.   I believe that the
crash causes many to experience a false sense of hunger.  I understand that
there is a similar phenomenon with people who suffer from reactive
hypoglycemia and have weight problems.

I am only a mom, but my daughter is going to partically bolus as far before a
meal as practicable and bolus again when she knows exactly what she is eating.
Hopefully, this will moderate the peak and the crash.

Diane Massey