Re: [IP] requirements for becoming a CDE - long

Yep! That's why I'm trying to learn all I can.
I tell people that upfront because most of the people
that I've run into who want to be a CDE have only
dealt with type 1.
Do you think there will be any CDE's who specialize in
type weird? ;)

Natalie said (below, bottom) to my note (immediately)
>PS...I was told that the CDE certification exam is
heavily weighted towards type 2.

The reason for that is that the VAST majority of
patients seen by a CDE in general practice are Type

Some CDE's can specialize in Type 1, where the
population density warrants it, but those positions
are few. Even those who specialize in children still
have to know about Type 2, because it's being
diagnosed more frequently in children nowadays.

Plus the fact that a CDE really SHOULD be an expert in
diabetes of all types!

Take care, Kerri, mom of Shannon-11, dxT1 5.2yrs, pumping 2.2yrs
Military Families of Children with Diabetes [MFCWD] parent
network of WA, diabetes & pump mentor, future CDE, but most
importantly, mom to 8 beautiful blessings :)
~*~Integrity is how you behave when no one is looking~*~

Do You Yahoo!?