Re: [IP] Boluses

On 29 Jan 2002 at 18:35, email @ redacted wrote:

> Okay, all you experts.  Want to tell me IN ENGLISH what square wave and dual
> wave boluses are.?  Are there any other kind of "extended bolus" features on
> pumps and do all pumps have these features?  Is there another feature I should
> look for on bolusing?    The Paradigm advertises a "slow bolus" (1.5 units per
> minute).  Is that something new or just another name for an extended bolus?
> What the heck is an "audio" bolus?
> Does any one know what "bioPULSE Delivery" means; this is being advertised on
> the Mini Med paradigm  pump.  It says "precise, accurate and controlled 0.1
> unit insulin pulses, equally effetive (clinically equivalent) to three minute
> basal delivery." TRANSLATION PLEASE.

Well, in English

"What is in a name?   That which we call a rose    By any other name would smell as sweet...."

Some pumps bolus fast, some are slow.  Almost all have programable delays.  Your choice of insulin may be more important than your choice of pump!   JMO

"that which we call a bolus   By any other name would still work on a sweet"