Re: [IP] more info on the paradigm

> Hi Tom/All:
> I am new to this list (but not to diabetes).
> The info you cited was exactly what i was told as
> well.
> I am now undecided about switching both my kids over
> to the paradigm. We were planning on making the switch
> as the "water-proof" feature, the smaller size and the
> AAA battery were all strong motivators for us.
> However, i was hoping we could "test-drive" them for a
> couple of days but it does not look like that will be
> possible, and now i am hesitant. I hate being rushed
> into making snap decisions like that. I still have
> lots of questions. What if we decide we really do not
> like them, is there ANY chance to get our old 508's
> back? Maybe i will be convinced after the training
> session, i just don't know right now.
> Anne
> RN/Mom of Liza (12) and Myles (9) both pumping MM508

I might point out that adolescent kids can use hugh amounts of
insulin on a daily basis, much more than an adult. At age 13-14
Lily's insulin use ranged from a low of around 50u/day to a high of
90u/day. You will want the 300u syringe for that. For an adult,
probably anyone over 18 that is T1, the smaller syringe in the new MM
pump would be fine. If MM manages to get the U200 insulin for their
new pump it won't matter, but as it stands now this is not happening.