I just started watching this thread, I have 2 tattoos that I got after 25 and
24 years of D, and didn't notice any longer healing time, although I was
meticulous with their care, and they are no bigger than about 3 inches
diameter either one.  Just be sure to keep it moist with neosporin until the
scabs are gone and then keep it well moisturized for several months and no
direct sunlight for  a year or so.

aka Mouse