Re: [IP] RE: Weight gain and the pump

Another contender for the thyroid-gland syndrome?

Could be... some people (like me) are "auto-immune challenged" on several counts -- one of these leading to hypothyroidism (all you have to do is swallow a tablet once a day).  :-)

On the other hand, most weight gain with apump is very easily explained: Instead of peeing out the sugar in your urine, you are now quite capable of "using" the sugar. If you don't use it as fast as you eat it (and other caloric foods), it will simply get "tucked away" somewhere. :-(

Although it is anything BUT advisible, one way to lose weight quick is to stop taking insulin. This results in heavy urination, lots of sugar leaving the body, bla bla bla. Of course this will also get you into the hospital quite quickly. Worse, of course, would be coma or death -- and much better would be taking insulin, exercising, and eating whatever you should eat and not eating whatever you shouldn't eat.

One sure-fire method to do this and save money at the same time is to sell your car. If your commute is less than 10 miles, then bike it. If not, then move within 10 miles and then bike it. You will feel great, get to eat thousands of calories every day, have tremendous blood sugars, and not gain weight. But you won't like it when it rains.

Hope you all laughed a little.  :-)

Norbert