[IP] Disability Insurance

Are you speaking of disability insurance through Medicare and SSI?  If so, NO
diabetes is NOT considered a disability.  My kidneys have failed due to
complications of diabetes and pregnancy and that is how I get my Medicare
insurance, but I am not off on disablitly,  Even with total kidney failure
and on hemodialysis, I work 5 days a week (on average of 30 hours) and go to
dialysis 3x a week for 3 hours each treatment.  I do NOT consider myself as
disabled as I am still walking and talking and thank God for everyday that I
am still alive.

YES diabetes is considered a chronic disease and maybe a disability - but you
are only as disabled as you let yourself be.

Good luck,

T1 17 years
hemo patient 2 1/2 years