[IP] Re: priming

In a message dated 1/27/02 1:19:15 PM, email @ redacted writes:

<< Since December I have
disconnected when I shower, and, when I go to re-connect, I have had to
prime the infusion set. This uses a lot of insulin, and was becomming a
        I first put the pump on suspend, and then disconnect. >>

The CDE I've been working with from Animas suggested not suspending the pump
when disconnecting for a short period like showering. This eliminates the
need to prime and has been working fine for me. This way, only a tiny drop of
insulin is wasted, if that.
dxed IDDM 9/92, pumped 1/10/02