Re:: [IP] Sugar raises on second and third day. HELP !

In a message dated 1/28/02 6:15:25 PM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> On a third day it is
> very high (250 - 350 mg/dl) even though his pump appears to be working.
> Sometimes we give him 3-5 units insulin without eating and sugar is still
> the
> same. It takes already 3 weeks and nothing changed. I can't accept such a
> level sugar. We decided changed infusion set after two days, but on the
> second
> day it isn't also O.K . Why ?
> I worry about we'll have to give up and return pump, although we need, we
> want
> this pump !
I wouldn't find those numbers acceptable and
I wouldn't want to give up on the pump either!
It is possible the cannula is kinking??  Maybe trying a different infusion
set would help.
I am an adult pumper so hopefully some parents of kids that this has happened
to will have great advice for you!
don't give up!

Faith and Sweetie Pie my sweet blue dtron
diabetic 20 years and happy to be here