[IP] Re: Weight gain and the pump

In a message dated 1/28/02 6:15:25 PM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I eat less than 1200 cals a day. I only get 3 carbs per meal with no
> snack, so I am not over eating by any means.  I guess if I were
> overeating, I would be as big as the side of a house.
> Please help, if you know any secrets!

I gained 20 lbs or so (maybe 25, not sure now) the first 6 months of pumping.
 I was enjoying my newfound "freedom" too much.
Now I still eat what i want to but am losing.
I eat a lot more carbs than you do and haven't seen a 1200 calorie diet in 18
I limit how much insulin i take and therefore how  many carbs i eat.  don't
limit anything else.  That doesn't mean i run around with high blood sugars
either.  I have a great a1c.  I correct and take care of highs.  I'm not sure
why this is working for me but it is.
We are all different.
I personally think 1200 calories is too limited and your body will hold onto
weight because it thinks you are trying to starve it.
I've had dieticians explain that to me.
I hope you can find something that works for you.

Faith and Sweetie Pie my sweet blue dtron
diabetic 20 years and happy to be here