Re: [IP] newcomer's ?'s

> Hi
> I have been on the MiniMed 508 for about 4 days now and have a few
> ?'s. 1. The QuickSet protective cap - How do you get it to stay on
> during showers?  Mine keeps falling off.  I'm afraid to take a bath
> because I don't know if the bath water is dangerous.

1) It's a dust cover, don't worry about it. You don't really need it,
particularly in the shower. It's there to make the set "smooth" so
things don't catch on it and to keep the "big chunks" out if you like
to play in the mud like some kids.

2. I was able
> to change my site successfully for the first time yesterday and it
> only took me an hour.  Yea!  Can anyone give me "good site"
> suggestions?  What sites work best and are there any rules for the
> rotation of them?

2) Sites, anywhere you can tolerate them pretty much. There are some
real creative folks with respect to where to put 'em  -- see the
pictures on the FAQ pages of the web site. The most common are upper
and lower abdomen as well as upper buttocks and love handle area.
Beyond that, almost anywhere you can do an injection. Rotation --
move is as far away as possible for as long as possible to avoid
insulin hypertorphy and time for the old site to heal as completely
as possible. Minimum, an inch or more away from the old site. Stay a
couple of inches away from the belly button and the tissue vertically
directly above and below it.

Thanks, Gail