[IP] Weight gain and the pump

I have had my pump for four years.  Before the pump, I took 6 injections a
day for over 12 years and had very good control during that time.  I gained
over 40 pounds in a month as soon as a started the pump.  I had figured out
how to count carbs long before they had a name for it, so I was never really
on a strict diet, except for the first three or four of my 20 years.  My
endos told me weight gain was possible when I started on the pump.  Why?
Diet and exercise have not had any affect on my extra 40 pounds.  Does anyone
have any explanation or suggestions for me?  Has anyone else had significant
weight gain after starting on the pump?  Has anyone had any success losing
the weight?