Re: [IP] mix

> I've heard that too, but people still do it with
> velosulin (novo-nordisk) and humalog (lilly). :) I
> don't see that this is any different.
> Brian said:
> Rule of thumb is never mix 2 insulins if they are not
> made by the same company.

There is a lot of history with the H/V list and many people who have
used is successfully. This is not the same as randomly mixing two
insulin together. The composition of the buffer that holds the
insulin crystals in solution is very important to the stability and
action of the insulin. Mixing two random types of insulin together
could result in them not working at all, or certainly not as well. It
is not something that should be experimented with.