RE: [IP] IP] Aspartame/Equal/ et al

Jef Lepine [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:

> Look at the nutritional information on a can of Diet Coke.
> You'll notice there really is no nutritional value at all.
> Look at the ingredients. Heck, I don't know what HALF of them are.

If you look at a daily report from your local water supplier, you would
probably say the same thing.  There's a lot more than just water in most
community's water supply.

More seriously, I'm not saying that anyone *should* consume soft drinks of
any sort.  That's entirely a personal decision.  But one should not *avoid*
diet sodas just because they have aspartame (unless one has PKU - aspartame,
like most artificial sweeteners, has phenylalanine, which people with PKU
cannot metabolize).

Jim Handsfield
email @ redacted OR