RE: [IP] IP] Aspartame/Equal/ et al

On Mon, 28 Jan 2002, Handsfield, James H. wrote:

<<other email snipped>>
> While I'm glad you have had relieve, it is most unlikely that aspartame was
> at the root.  For further information, visit
> http://www.quackwatch.com/04ConsumerEducation/QA/aspartame.html.

Hoax or no hoax, since I have cut aspartame and other artificial
sweeteners out of my diet, I feel MUCH better. I didn't do it because of
any of these 'internet hoaxes', I did it for a much different reason:

Look at the nutritional information on a can of Diet Coke.
You'll notice there really is no nutritional value at all.
Look at the ingredients. Heck, I don't know what HALF of them are.

I've been working on cutting artificial things out of my diet, I sure do
feel better because of it. Now if I crave a soda, I'll have a Coke (not
diet), and I'll bolus for it. Heck, that's one of the 'freedoms' of the
pump, isn't it?

Anyways, I'm not on the hoax bandwangon, but I still avoid that stuff like
the plague.