From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted]On Behalf Of email @ redacted
Sent: Monday, January 28, 2002 8:17 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Re:Does anyone insure their insulin pump?

My son is 12 years old and has been pumping for about 3 years. I worry that
he might somehow break the pump sledding or bike riding etc. You know the
normal 12 year old boy stuff. Our health insurance co. will only pay for a
new pump every 5 years and our homeowners policy will only cover it if it is
stolen or vandalized but not for any of the above mentioned activities. Does
anyone else have the pump insured or am I just being an overly concerned
parent? We already use a protective case. Also, any parent out there that
has
dealt with a pumper in the marching band at the competition level? Thanks
again for all your suggestions in advance.

       Alecia