[IP] Re: Questions for pumpers

Hi Marion,
     The .o5 rate is a feature that is good for very young pumpers and those
that need very low basal rates.
     My daughter is 7, weighing about 55 pounds and uses 20-24 units of
insulin per day.  Our pump (the H-tron) does not do .05 basal rates.  As a
substitute, at times I have alternated between a .3 and .4 basal rate instead
of being able to do a 0.35 basal rate.  Eg.  midnight basal rate - 0.3, 1:00
- 0.4, 2:00 - 0.3, 3:00 - 0.4.
     Look at all the pumps carefully, and pick the one that suits your
lifestyle the best.  That is the hardest part about pumping!
Best Wishes,
Barbara, Mum of Claire 7