[IP] Re: Priming

When you disconnect your pump, the insulin is often sucked back up into the
tubing a bit.  At least this is what happens with us--H-tron and Quick-sets.
The sales rep showing me the Animas pump mentioned to me the importance of
this.  (She had already sold us the H-tron, Claire had used it for 3 weeks,
and was offering us an Animas at no additional cost if we wanted).
     So Claire always does a bolus of one unit after being disconnected, just
to make sure that the insulin is right there at the end.
Barbara, Mum of Claire 7