[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #73

In a message dated 1/27/02 9:15:00 PM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> From: email @ redacted
> Subject: Re: [IP] 4 different pump companies
> I have printed a page that compares six pumps, including the  Sooil by Dana
> Diabecare.
> Can you tell me what you like about the Disetronic?
> Thank you
> Marion
> Trying to choose a pump for Gabe ASAP

Hi Marion,
I'm so glad you found that article with the comparisons!
There are 3 different disetronic pumps.
I love my dtron, it kind of combines the best of all worlds.
It has a very quiet stepper pump, I can do boluses 5 different ways.  It has
2 completely different day profiles.  They are supposed to be getting a child
lock approved by the fda soon.
the pump self primes and i can use prefilled cartridges.  It is waterproof.
It can deliver insulin in doses as small as .005u.
It works well for me and my life style.
Asking people why they like the pump they have is a great way to start.

Faith and Sweetie Pie my sweet blue dtron
diabetic 20 years and happy to be here