[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #72

In a message dated 1/27/2002 3:19:48 PM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> << Is it just me?  Or has anyone else noticed their hands bothering them
> more
> when their blood glucose is low? >>
> Hi Deb,
> I don't have carpal tunnel, but when my blood sugar is really low my hands
> tingle and go so numb I can hardly pick up the test strip and get it in the
> meter.  (This usually happens when I wake up in the middle of the night or
> first thing in the morning...otherwise, I am testing frequently enough that
> don't go so low.)
> Leeann

Hi, I also experience tingling and numbness in my hands and arms when I have
low sugars. It seems to get worse the lower they go. I also get a terrible
headache when my sugar is low and also high. I refer to the nasty headaches
as warning signs because this is the only way I can usually tell I have low
sugar until It is so low that I have a hard time fuctioning. I used to be
able to feel it coming on and now I don't. I am 29 years old and have been on
the MM 508 pump for almost 2 years.
Heather W. (email @ redacted)