[IP] prinivil vs vasotec

Does anybody know if a Vasotec generic would be as good for me as the Prinivil has been, both in controlling my high blood pressure and being kind to my kidneys?   My health insurance people have bumped Humulin R insulin (which I use in my pump), Lipitor and Prinivil to their second tier in their formulary, which more than triples my share of the cost.  (I was nearly gasping for breath when I picked up my stuff this time!)  So I am hoping to switch to a generic ACE inhibitor if I can safely do so.  What say ye, wise ones?

Diana Clayton