Re: [IP] Questions for Pumpers

In a message dated 1/27/2002 11:21:11 AM Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Once again, you do use the .05 as a preference over the .10 adjustment for
>  basals?  Please tell me how much your child weighes so that I can compare;
>  larger child might not need such fine tuning, right?

Maybe, maybe not.  YMMV . . . My daughter weighs 100 lbs, is 5' 2" -- and the
.05 basal increment makes a difference for her in her overnight basals . . .
You'll just have to see how things go for your son once you're pumping.  I
can tell you that our carb ratios changed dramatically when we started
pumping from what they were on MDI (NPH + H), so don't be surprised if this
happens for Gabe as well . . . expect to do a lot of experimenting in the
beginning . . .

Pumpmama to Katie