Re: [IP] Questions for Pumpers

In a message dated 1/27/2002 10:15:10 AM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Yes, we use the .05 feature all the time for basals.....much better
> numbers...

Thanks.  Do you use it for bolus too?  So, if you see a problem with the
basals, you start by making .05 changes instead of .10 changes and get better

The reason I ask.....25 units of Ultralente SEEMS to make a huge difference
for Gabe who weighes 74 pounds.  The doctor says that is impossible because
.25 units is only a small fraction of the dose (about 12 units each time).
But we notice it continuously that the small increment has a large effect.
Still, you are never sure if you are controlling everything like activity,
timing of meals, previous hypos, and etc., so I have the doubt remaining.

Once again, you do use the .05 as a preference over the .10 adjustment for
basals?  Please tell me how much your child weighes so that I can compare; a
larger child might not need such fine tuning, right?