[IP] random, unexplained highs

I have been a pump user for two and a half years, with a Mini-Med
507C. In December, I had some random, unexplained high blood sugars
several times in one week. After trying all the usual fixes (changing
insulin, changing sites, and changing tubing), I finally concluded
that my pump was malfunctioning. I called Medtronics, and they sent
me a refurbished version. Things went fine for a month.

Now, again, I am having random, unexplained highs -- sometimes at
night, sometimes during the day.

Have others experienced this problem? I have temporarily unhooked the
pump and gone back to shots, which are working fine -- but I don't
know what to do next. Any advice?