[IP] [Fwd: Priming?]

Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 10:01:32 -0500
From: "A. Michael Nolan" <email @ redacted>
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Priming?

        I have been using the Animas R-1000 since December 17, 2001 and,
like others on the list, my only regret is that I stayed on the needles
so long. I do have a question, however. Since December I have
disconnected when I shower, and, when I go to re-connect, I have had to
prime the infusion set. This uses a lot of insulin, and was becomming a
        I first put the pump on suspend, and then disconnect. This
morning,  I re-connected the pump to the infusion set and then resumed
delivery without priming first, and there was no message that I had lost
prime. I remember the first few times it always asked for a prime when I
reconnected. Since then I have done it automatically before I
reconnected. Have I been screwing up and wasting insulin? Maybe one of
these days I'll completely figure this thing out<g>, but until then,
inquiring minds want to know.

Mike Nolan