re: [IP] Six Year Old Wetting the Bed

<<Liz wrote: <email @ redacted>
My 6 year old daughter has been pumping for 2 months.  The very first night
of pumping she wet the bed, which was unusual for her.  She has been wetting
the bed almost every night since she has started pumping.  I wonder if any
other kids went through this?

On shots, Laura would only wet the bed if her sugar was high - over 200.
Now she wets even with good bgs.>>>

My 7 year old son has been pumping since last March, and we've not had
any consistent problem with him wetting the bed but recently it's been
worse.  After staggering a few nights of the time we check him, we've
found that his basals are off (again....we had it "perfect" at night
for the past 3 months).  His bg spikes up to about 300 between 11pm
& 1am, then starts to come down to the 180 range by morning.  So we're
working on his late evening basal, as well as the 2am'ish one to get
him balanced back out.  We think he is going or just went thru a
growth spurt.  A few months back, he was going very low & then always
waking up high, we suspected due to the sugar from the liver.  Getting
his basals evened back out kept him fine...until his basals need to change.

If you have been consistently checking her at around one time, you
might check before/after that for a few nights to see what's happening -
at some point she's might be going low & rebounding or going high &
then dropping later.   Or maybe someone else on the list has some other

Good luck!
Shelly V., Austin, TX, mom to Luke, 7, dx'd 10/99, pumping 3/01

Do You Yahoo!?