[IP] Re: Infusion sets in stomach area (Cindi)

Cindi wrote:

>I have never been able to take shots in my stomach (I think this problem
>is in my head!).

I too, never took shots in my stomach while on MDI.  Once I got over the
initial fear of it (and the fact that it really wasn't a shot, but
something a bit different) I was able to insert the infusion sets without
too much difficulty.  And, the fact the I really wanted to pump, made the
difference too.  I was also told that it was to my advantage to not have
taken shots in my stomach since I would have less scar tissue there.  Btw,
depending on which infusion set you choose, you can insert in other places
besides the stomach.  Some pumpers use thighs, hips, arms, backs and
derrieres (to mention a few)...  You can go to
http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/howto/setspots.shtml to see other locations
for infusion sets.  YMMV.

Pumping for almost 2 years and not regretting a second of it!