[IP] Re: when to change from a ped endo

My son is 15.  We have used the ped endo at our local children's hospital since he was dx'd at 11. Our favorite endo left the hospital about 18months ago and we have not been thrilled with the services offered there at this time.  For example, at our last visit I asked about the a1C that could be done right at the office where the results are available in about 5 minutes.  Their comment to me was that at this time the machine was not "cost effective" for the hospital.  I wanted to scream!  I have been thinking for awhile about switchings endo's anyway- this was the last straw.  What I was wondering was since my son is 15 are their any benefits in staying with a ped endo?  I don't have many if any local options and wonder is an adult endo would even see him at 15.  I would appreciate any advice from families who have already gone through this transition.  Thanks.  Janet