[IP] More insulin for a high "Glycemic index" food

I agree. I might play around with the timing of the
bolus to keep from spiking too high, but wouldn't give
more insulin. Just one mom's thoughts on it. :)

Rabbi Hirsch Meisels said:
While I feel that insulin needs are the same for all
foods based on carbs, just that the higher GI foods
will have a higher post meal spike, but if more
insulin would be administered it will crash low later.

I would like to hear some opinions and experiences on
this issue, since the authors of the book "The glucose
revolution" are going to reprint their book, and I
would like them to clarify this issue.

Take care, Kerri, mom of Shannon-11, dxT1 5.2yrs, pumping 2.2yrs
founder - Military Families of Children with Diabetes [MFCWD]
parent network of WA email @ redacted, diabetes
& pump mentor, future CDE, but most importantly, mom to 8
beautiful blessings :)

~*~Integrity is how you behave when no one is looking~*~

Do You Yahoo!?