Re: [IP] factors which impact blood glucose levels

In a message dated 1/25/2002 9:54:19 PM Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> > There are more than 100 known factors which impact blood glucose levels in
>  > the human body
>  That is a fact I was not aware of. Could you please pass on either the list
>  of 100 factors effecting BG or a reference to it.

I wish I knew them or a reference I could give you.  All I know is that this
is virtually a verbatim quote of what we were told at the Barbara Davis
Center for Childhood Diabetes in Denver during 3 days of intensive education
when my daughter was diagnosed . . . If I have some time this weekend, I
might look through the Pink Panther book and see if there's anything in
there.  Or, you might want to check it out yourself.  Many of us parents have
found it to be an invaluable reference, and you can read the entire text
online for free (unfortunately minus the charts and illustrations).  Here's
the link:    <A HREF="http://www.uchsc.edu/misc/diabetes/UIDDM.html">BDC:
Understanding IDDM</A>

On the other hand, I bet all the folks on this list could come up with a
pretty extensive list of all the things they already know about that impact
their BGs . . .

Pumpmama to Katie