Re: [IP] Infusion site troubles

my son started pumping july 11 2001, it was very hot and humid, his set came
out the first night and his alarm went off at 3:00 a.m., the cannula had
bent, (he was started on the sof-set).we could not keep a set in for more
than 24-30 hrs. we went back to our doctor, who is diabetic himself and
wears a mm 508 with a sil.. we started using the sils but still had some
adhesion problems especially when he was outside playing golf etc.. we
started using an adhesive called skin tac H. so we put this on first, even
now in the cool weather, and use tegaderm 6x7 cm. with a hole cut in the
middle for the disconnect part to come through. WE have not had any problems
since , even with showers and activity and lots of sweating, . a few times
he has actually gotten out of bed with the pump un-hooked from his pajamas
and hanging and the site stays intact.

                     Bonnie , mother of Keith dx. 12/97 pumping 7/2001