[IP] More insulin for a high "Glycemic index" food

I had a discussion with Rick Mendosa, who is a writer on the web and is
endorsing the Glycemic index concept, on the issue if a type 1 diabetic would
need to take more insulin for a food that is high on the GI list.

This is what he wrote to me:
<<<It seems to me pretty obvious that a T1 (or T2) diabetic needs to take more
insulin when eating a GI rather than a low GI food so that you do not spike

While I feel that insulin needs are the same for all foods based on carbs,
just that the higher GI foods will have a higher post meal spike, but if more
insulin would be administered it will crash low later.

I would like to hear some opinions and experiences on this issue, since the
authors of the book "The glucose revolution" are going to reprint their book,
and I would like them to clarify this issue.

[Their new book will be based on a new concept called "Glycemic Load" not the
old "Glycemic index"].

Rabbi Hirsch Meisels
Jewish Friends With Diabetes