RE: [IP]doctor's visit

I am in the process of setting up a hysterectomy. I have
endometriosis(one of those autoimmune issues) and have had problems for
20 yrs.  I am 35 and am tired of the pain.  But, the thing that pushes
me "over the edge" into deciding to do this, is the rotten bg I get each
month the week before my period.  I could deal with the pain and
discomfort, but I cannot deal with the absolutely uncontrollable bg.  I
have developed a great hatred for my ovaries for doing this to me each
month.
I am "lucky" to have a condition(endometriosis)that an insurance company
deems an acceptable reason to go through a hysterectomy.  I will use the
endometriosis as a dx but the real reason is the sorry control for a
whole week each month.

Does anyone have experience in surgery with a pump?  Do I disconnect?