[IP] cataract surgery - prefilled resv.?

I wrote earlier that I have 20/200 vision in my left eye but did not mention
that I have no vision in my right eye.  I am concerned that when I have the
cataract surgery, I will not be able to see to operate my pump.  I was
suggested that I prefill a resv. because it will be hard to read it.  I think
I should be able to operate the pump it self.  I have never paid much
attention to prefilling resv..  If I prefill them, how do I store them?  Do I
leave the needle on with the cap and store them upright in a container in the
frig?  No clue here.  Any suggestions will be appreciated.